If you’re unhappy with your smile and are looking for a quick way to fix misaligned or worn front teeth, or bad staining, then you may want to consider dental veneers.
Veneers are strong, wafer-thin porcelain or ceramic shells custom-made to fit the surface of your teeth. This is a long-lasting treatment that looks fantastic and conserves as much natural tooth as possible. Sometimes a single veneer is placed to hide a dark tooth or to repair a broken front tooth but with a smile makeover we place multiple veneers – usually between 6 and 10. We also repair, maintain and replace worn-out veneers.
What is involved?
- Veneers treatment starts with an impression of your teeth which we send to a highly skilled dental technician who creates a model (wax up) showing how your teeth will look at the end of the treatment.
- Once you see and are happy with the wax up, we will book an appointment to prepare the teeth for veneers. Tooth preparation is minimal and confined to the enamel structure. The veneer is adhesively bonded to the tooth structure with tooth-coloured resin cement. Normally the whole process only takes 2 visits to complete.Patients should be aware that this is usually an irreversible process because it’s necessary to remove a small amount of enamel from your teeth to accommodate the shell.
- A working impression is taken and temporaries placed.
- The technician will make your veneers. At the placement appointment we attach the veneers using a powerful multi-layer bonding system and then make fine adjustments to the veneers if necessary.
- We then give them a final polish, check your bite and reveal your new smile.
For further information about any of our services please call us on: 020 8785 7105.