Fixed braces consist of brackets and bands bonded or cemented to your teeth and very thin metal wires that gently push your teeth into their right positions. The wire is tied into the brackets with a steel ligature or a coloured plastic ring. Some brackets have clips to hold the wires and no ties are needed. Ordinary fixed braces are bonded to the front of your teeth.Brackets can be made of metal or tooth-coloured ceramic or plastic.
Damon Fixed Braces
Damon braces are an innovative new brace system. Instead of having brackets that tighten and adjust the braces regularly, Damon braces use a slide mechanism that attaches wires to brackets to move naturally with the teeth as they realign. This makes them more comfortable, more aesthetic and able to provide impressive results in a shorter time.
Why choose Damon braces?
- Faster: The Damon System is usually faster than traditional braces.
- Comfort: Traditional braces use elastics or ties, which can cause discomfort. The Damon System is gentle on the teeth.
- Fewer Dental Visits: While you are using the Damon system, you will usually only need to visit your orthodontist every 10 weeks.
- No tooth removal: Damon Braces use biologically sensible forces to create space in your mouth naturally, so unlike with traditional braces, there is often no need for removal of teeth.
- Virtually invisible brace: The braces use the standard Damon system’s sliding mechanism alongside crystal clear brackets that are resistant to staining and far less visible.
Tooth-coloured fixed braces
Tooth-coloured braces have fixed brackets that are made of tooth-coloured ceramic or plastic instead of metal. They are therefore much less noticeable.
Please make an appointment for an orthodontic assessment to see which treatment type is suitable for you.
For further information about any of our services please call us: 020 8785 7105.